Trying to stand out and increase your podcast’s downloads may seem like you’re floating in a marketing abyss. With a helping hand, and some sound advice, it certainly doesn’t have to be. In this episode of Should I Start a Podcast, the self-proclaimed “Marketing Guy,” Nathan Chan, joins us from the We Are Podcast convention, 2016.
Nathan is the CEO of Foundr Magazine, a digital magazine that concentrates on guiding entrepreneurs and early stage startups through managing a successful business. He’s interviewed some of the biggest names in industry, such as Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, Seth Godin and Tony Robbins. With 225,000 monthly subscribers, over 1 million podcast downloads and an ever increasing social media following, he certainly knows his stuff.
In this episode, Nathan introduces seven marketing strategies to help you get discovered, and increase your downloads. Here he discusses why he started his podcast, the concept behind “shipping,” and why interviewing interviewers can boost you up the ranks.
He also shares with us:
- Why consistency plays a pivotal role in winning you a loyal following.
- How reviews can help you conquer algorithms and get you on the “What’s Hot” list.
- Why cover art is so important and, how to use it to stand out from the crowd.
- How copy can be invaluable in gaining subscribers.
- Understanding your uniqueness and how it gives you an edge.
- How video could gain you traction.
- How to recycle old content to gain new subscribers.
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Pingback: 7 Steps to Make Your Podcast Stand Out From the Crowd | Amplify Agency