Lauren Haas is the creator of Haas Holistic and is a Holistic Nutritionist based in Los Angeles but also has clients in Seattle, Kauai, New York, Philadelphia and Boston. She is an AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, C.N.C, C.N.H.P, Certified Nutrition Coach as well as a Lifestyle Coach.
Lauren graduated from USC with a BA in Psychology and an emphasis on Occupational Therapy and Wellness. She received her Holistic Nutrition Certification at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and completed her Culinary Degree at The New School of Cooking in Culver City.
As a Holistic Nutritionist, chef and Lifestyle Coach, Lauren works with clients on achieving their ideal body, mind and spirit. Through her step-by-step process, Lauren incorporates many different dietary and lifestyle theories to create the perfect individualised map for her clients.
Whether Lauren is working with private or corporate clients, teaching a cooking class, giving a market tour or wellness seminar, her main goal is to inspire and guide those around her to start living the life they always wished they could: full of health, love, happiness and great food.
In this episode we talk about:
- Her Thanksgiving Dinner party/feast
- How to roast a Turkey frozen
- The basting liquid for the turkey
- All the side dishes that were part of the dinner
- Yam soufflé
- The difference between Yams and Sweet Potatoes
- My chicken and rice recipe
- Spicy almond dipping sauce
- Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Her change in eating
- The issues she used to have with her health
- How she healed herself through food
- The pharmaceutical industry
- How she fixed her thyroid problem through food
- How Yoga can help on so many different levels
- Why you crave sugar when you haven't eaten enough protein
- The food-brain connection
- Sugar being more addictive than cocaine
- How to create your life at any age
- Why you should try different foods to get you to have different experiences
Where to find Lauren
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.