Luke Tan is the creator of Evolved Generation that harnesses health, performance and drive through a plant-focussed perspective, he specialises in helping professionals and athletes get strong in their minds and bodies through a plant-based diet and customised training.
He is an internationally certified strength and plant-based nutrition coach, and he has competed in, and placed in, 2 state-level bodybuilding competitions. Coaching over 150 clients in the past 5 years, he has realised that there are 3 main challenges that people face, and they are:
– being unwell
– feeling weak, and
– lacking self confidence
As the founder of Evolved Generation a brand that promotes health and consciousness, and the creator of the 5-step A.W.A.K.E coaching method, his program aims to get you healthier, stronger and feeling more self-confident.
He believes that global positive change starts with what you have on your plate. When we learn to make conscious choices for ourselves and the planet, we can take ourselves out of the suffering equation, and create a better world for our children and our children’s children – a world where our consumption can be conscious and positive.
He is best known for training plant-based athletes and fitness models for competition. Right now he is looking for select clients to embark on a physical, emotional and mental transformation in their lives, whether they want to get fit so they can run around with their kids, or have their sights on a competition they want to enter.
His aim is to leave you feeling awake to the best version of yourself: strong, authentic and driven — and living your best life yet.
In this episode we talk about:
- What Luke does and how he got into it
- He talks about his depression
- He shares his dark times for other people to learn from
- How he sees the world now
- What it is like to be inflow and in-sync with the universe
- His new book “Awake and Alive”
- His 5-step A.W.A.K.E coaching method
- What it’s like to embrace a plant based diet
- Why going vegan is more ethical, sustainable and healthy
- The biggest one liners he gets when he tells people he is a vegan
- The difference between real hunger and perceived hunger
- One tub of Ben and Jerry’s IceCream is the equivalent of 14 apples
- How a vegan can indulge in food
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Refined foods
- Processed foods
What foods to actively seek out
- Quinoa with coconut flakes
- Rice and Beans
- Veggies and Fruits
- Some teas
Luke’s fondest food memories
Growing up Luke’s favourite foods were steak and ribs. His fondest memory growing up was his dad taking him to Borshch Steakhouse after his work, that cost $6.60. It came with a cream of mushroom soup, a rib eye with mushroom sauce and baked potato, and Peach Ice cream for dessert.
Dinner at his grandmum’s house that consisted of chicken wings was one of his favourite memories.
- Train 4-5 times a week and stick to a program for 3-4 weeks before changing up the program
- Bodybuilding type training
- Body weight training
- Crossfit training
- Olympic weightlifting
Use your vitamix and make your smoothies
Quick food ideas
- Make a quick green smoothie – Use a vitamix – chuck a few bananas, ice, kale, spinach, cinnamon powder
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
A total vegan based clean eating diet plan
Know more about Luke
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Rich Roll and his family at Cafe Gratitude on Venice Beach
Last meal on the planet?
- Vegie Bar
- Terra Madre
- Vegan Easy 30 days recipe
- The Rich Roll Podcast
Where to find Luke
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download