Dr Naras Lapsys has 2 university degrees and a PhD in Medicine. He began his career as a scientist at a leading medical institute, searching for the genes of obesity and diabetes. After nearly 10 years of research he came to the conclusion that the ‘quick fix’ pill was still a long way off and that nutrition and lifestyle would always hold the key to better health. With that in mind he went back to university, completed a Masters degree in Nutrition and became an Accredited Practising Dietitian. By combining all his years of knowledge and a genuine passion for good health, Dr Naras Lapsys founded The Body Doctor.
Naras is a consultant dietitian to various sporting groups, has helped to create many corporate health programs and has established the first Body Doctor practice for one-on-one consultations in Sydney’s Bondi Junction.
He is a member of the Dietitians Association of Australia, DAA and Sports Dietitians Australia, SDA. Naras is also on the Expert Advisory Panel for childhood nutrition, with the trusted parenting resource, Babycenter.
In this episode we talk about:
- His business model and the types of patients he deals with
- How he fixes and helps people’s relationship with food
- Why different foods act differently with different people
- Food addiction in a lot of detail
- What processed foods do to your brain
- Obesity and weight loss
- How to deal with food addiction
- Mindful eating
- Children eating habits and how to deal with it
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- No sugary breakfast cereals
- Soft drinks
- Fruit juice
What foods to actively seek out
- Really good Fruits and Vegetables
- Great quality Meats
Naras’s fondest food memories
Naras has a Lithuanian and Scottish heritage … and his earliest memories are of his grandmother making Lithuanian foods.
- Strength work
- Do one big shop on the weekend
- Be organised
- Make food in batches and freeze it
- Add herbs, spices, and sauces to flavour your food
Tips on reducing wastage
- Make food in batches and freeze them
- Don’t get takeaway because the food in the fridge will go off
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Absolutely and a very good relationship with food.
Know more about Naras
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Dr Michael Mosley at an Afghani restaurant in Adelaide
Last meal on the planet?
His grandmother’s food
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Mindfulness therapy
- Jack Kornfield
- Change your thinking – Pema Chodron
Where to find Naras
The Body Doctor is conveniently located within the Westfield Shopping Complex Business Tower 2, in Sydney’s Bondi Junction.
Suite 1806, Level 18
Westfield Tower 2
101 Grafton St (corner of Grafton St
& Grosvenor St)
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
TELEPHONE: 1300 364 316
Website: The Body Doctor
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download