Would you like your kids to develop into well-adjusted, kind and resilient young people? As the saying goes, “It starts at home.” What we say and how we act matters- especially when it comes to our kid's emotional intelligence. A child is like a sponge, and even the smallest throwaway comment can significantly affect how they feel and behave. So, what can we all do to safeguard the mental wellbeing of the next generation?
This is The Psychology of Entrepreneurship,
a highly produced, revealing audio docuseries that follows me, Ronsley Vaz, and my guests, as we strive to go inside & unravel the inner workings of the mind of an entrepreneur, artist, athlete, academic; to decipher what is the psychology of our decisions.
If you are an entrepreneur (BTW we consider that mothers are the original entrepreneurs), and would like to understand why we do certain things in certain situations, and if small changes in thinking can deliver massive amounts of results in success and happiness, then this podcast is for you.
Kari Sutton plants little seeds of resilience.
She also empowers parents, early childhood educators, and teachers to nurture emotional wellbeing and positive mental health. She does all this through workshops, consulting, and mentoring by blending cutting-edge science with practical tools and strategies.
Kari is a researcher, educator, author, speaker, and expert child psychologist. She has spent over 25 years tackling the crisis of children's mental health. Within this time, she has also focused on caring for children aged 0 – 13 living with cancer in a program called Camp Quality.
Also, her two books, Raising Generation XXL, and Raising a Mentally Fit Generation, are coming out in late 2020.
In this volume, Kari and I talk about how the things we say have psychological consequences, particularly in children. We also discuss feeding your inner voice and reluctantly agree that bullying will always be a part of our lives, so we have to deal with it in the right way.
Other important topics in this volume:
- Why parents should check their language before they speak
- Teaching manners and the colourblind bond over Disney's Frozen
- How to stop the “Itty Bitty Crappy Committee.”
- Why throw away comments can cause long-term emotional damage.
- How gratitude and self-awareness are an essential part of increasing emotional intelligence
- How your internal voice affects people, we generally can't empathise with
- Bullying, and how to counter them by using facts and affirmation (for kids)
- How to counter bullies with critical thinking (for teenagers)
- The tools we all can use to take care of our mental health
Links & Resources:
- Kari's Website – Karisutton. com
- Kari's LinkedIn
- Camp Quality Website: www.campquality.org.au
- Book: Raising Generation Xxl
- Book: Raising a Mentally Fit Generation
- Article: Why it's so important children are both seen and heard.
- Article: Research reveals shocking new statistics of Australia's bullying crisis.
- Fight Child Abuse YouTube Video: Protect Yourself Rules – Bullying
- Brooks Gibbs – YouTube Video: How to Stop A Bully
- Martin Seligman- Wikipedia Page
- 01 Volume: Philip McKernan: What Would It Be Like To Just Be You?
- 21.1 Volume: Melissa Ambrosini: Silencing Your Inner Critic
- 28 Volume: Dr Mark Goulston: The Smile Epidemic
- 41 Volume: Mark Yettica-Paulson: Stereotyping & Casual Racism
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.