Silencing Your Inner Critic: How to Tell the Mean Voice in Your Head to Shut the Hell Up
Clawing your way out of a dark headspace is incredibly hard. Especially, when the voice of your inner critic is constantly telling you not to. And, that this is the way it’ll always be. So why even try? The only way to make it to the light at the end of the tunnel is to tell that voice to shut the hell up! This inner critic’s voice could be formed by past painful experiences in childhood which we either experienced or witnessed. As we grow up, we unconsciously integrate this voice into our thought patterns. The longer we let it be a part of ourselves, without making a conscious effort to address it, the more it can affect our decision-making process. And thus our lives.
This is The Psychology of Entrepreneurship,
a highly produced audio documentary style, revealing series that follows Ronsley Vaz and his guests, as they strive to go inside & unravel the inner workings of the mind of an entrepreneur, artist, athlete, academic; to decipher what is the psychology of our decisions.
If you are an entrepreneur (BTW we consider mothers are the original entrepreneurs) and would like to understand why we do certain things in certain situations, and if small changes in thinking can deliver massive amounts of results in success and happiness, then this podcast is for you.
Melissa Ambrosini was at her rock bottom.
She was in and out of the hospital for strange medical issues and suffered from chronic fatigue, all while living on a pull-away cot at a friend’s house. She felt low and worthless and didn’t know how to feel otherwise. It didn’t help that her inner mean girl, that inner critical voice we all have, was constantly telling her it was too hard to make any changes.
Fast forward to today, where Melissa is now a sought-after speaker, teacher, life coach, best-selling author and host of the top-rated podcast The Melissa Ambrosini Show. Her incredibly insightful TEDx Talk covers the system she uses to silence her inner critic. Her first book, Mastering Your Mean Girl, is focused on this as well.
In this volume of Psychology of Entrepreneurship, Ronsley and Melissa discuss Melissa’s journey on changing her life and how acknowledging her inner mean girl started the whole process. They talk about how discovering your true self and silencing your inner critic makes you available to others. Available in ways that can be more rewarding than you ever imagined.
Also within this volume to Silencing Your Inner Critic:
- Why Melissa’s motto for life dictates the emphasis of how to show up everyday
- Her performance background and its pivotal role in her life
- How Melissa’s body began calling out for help and the kinds of physical symptoms to be aware of when that happens to you
- The book that changed everything for Melissa in hospital
- Melissa’s system for inner happiness, and how to apply it to your life
- Yoga: and all it is cut out to be
- Why Melissa thinks we should stay in our own lane
Links for your reference:
- Listen to Melissa’s amazing TEDx Talk Here
- Melissa’s Website
- Melissa on LinkedIn
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay – The book that changed Melissa’s life
- Mastering Your Mean Girl Book
- Open Wide Book
- Philip Mckernan: What would it be like to just be you?