Life as we know it will never be the same again.
As the dawn of a new decade came up over the horizon, how were we to know that everyone’s way of life was drastically about to change?
The highly infectious Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is quickly putting the world on lockdown, affecting the way we connect, work, communicate and interact. What is also spreading at a far quicker rate is life-threatening misinformation, conspiracy theories and damaging innuendos.
This is The Psychology of Entrepreneurship,
a highly produced audio documentary series that follows Ronsley Vaz and his guests, as they strive to go inside and unravel the inner workings of the mind of an entrepreneur, artist, athlete, academic; to decipher what is the psychology of our decisions.
In this volume, I’ve taken the opportunity to use my voice as a force for good.
We’re taking the time to dissect what is going on around the planet, and how we can all do our part to stay properly informed about COVID-19.
As it stands today, the basic information we do know about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is:
- In a matter of months, it has transformed the world. Thousands of people have already died, and hundreds of thousands more have fallen ill.
- The way it spreads is primarily through contact with an infected person.
- The common symptoms are fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
- The more severe cases can cause pneumonia, acute respiratory syndrome, or even death.
- Good hygiene practices and safeguarding measures such as self-isolating are essential if we all want to play a role in slowing down this pandemic.
While this is now common knowledge, there are still so many more questions that need answering.
How do we eradicate it? Is what I’m hearing fact or hearsay? What can I do in the fight against this disease? How can I safeguard my future?
In this volume, of Psychology of Entrepreneurship, we zoom out of our current state of self-isolation and look at how the world’s leaders and its citizens are contending with the virus. Ronsley explores why we desperately need those in power to spread the truth, not conspiracies, and why it’s okay to be anxious in these uncertain times.
Also within this volume, ‘Misinformation Gone Viral’:
- The way the world has changed
- The new epicentre of the pandemic
- The world as we know it and normalcy bias
- How to sift through “facts” to find the truth
- Why we should all be calling people out on spreading misinformation
- The steps you should take when digesting or sharing information
- Bill Gate’s unnerving premonition
- What you probably need to hear right now
Links for your reference:
- World Health Organisation: Coronavirus Information
- World Health Organisation: Preventative measures
- Bill Gates TED talk “The next outbreak? We’re not ready”
- MSNBC Report
- Daily Show “Trump Wants U.S. To Shake Off Pandemic Quickly
- Vox interview with Bill Gates
- BBC Newsnight, “Coronavirus: The conspiracy theories spreading fake news”
- Article: “Here’s How to Fight Coronavirus Misinformation”
Remember, we’re here if you need us. Just reach out.
Stay Safe, connect with your people, and use your voice as a force for good.
Ronsley and the Amplify team.
Author: Kaili Bonnyman
Kaili is the Queen of Audio at Must Amplify.