As we climb our individual ladders of success, there comes a time where we need to check our own egos, reach into what is important, and strive to leave people better than we found them.
Welcome to The Psychology of Entrepreneurship, a candid and revealing series that follows Ronsley Vaz and his guests, as they strive to unravel the inner workings of the entrepreneurial mind and explain why even the most successful among us experience Imposter Syndrome.
If you are someone who is holding back, feeling unworthy of your success or questioning your competency as a professional, this podcast is for you.
In this volume, Ronsley speaks with Adam Bornstein, a New York Times bestselling author, former editor for Men’s Health and serial entrepreneur. Adam's written work has been featured literally everywhere, from The New York Times and Fast Company to ESPN the Magazine and GQ.
Adam is also the founder and CEO of Pen Name Consulting, the full-service growth agency, and Born Fitness, the digital platform that provides personalized online fitness and diet coaching. His clients include the likes of Microsoft, Equinox, Dollar Shave Club, Beachbody and even Tim Ferris.
Adam is also the Chief of Nutrition for Ladder, a supplement company co-founded by the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, LeBron James, Cindy Crawford and Lindsey Vonn.
Adam and Ronsley look at keeping your ego in check, even if you have Arnold Schwarzenegger on the end of the phone. They explore why we make a stressful moment bigger than ourselves, and Adam’s obsessive focus towards making waiters smile.
Also featured in this volume:
- What’s the impact you want to leave on people
- Why you may need to check your ego and lose your self-importance
- How to avoid ‘choking’ in business
- Exploring loneliness and the value of ‘you are not alone’
- Cheeseburgers and orgasms, how are brains are hardwired
- Adam’s tips on getting healthy and the best diet to follow
- What success really looks like to Adam
- The thing that terrifies Adam the most
- Why you shouldn't replicate Adam’s value system
Author: Kaili Bonnyman
Kaili is the Queen of Audio at Must Amplify.