Interested in learning how podcasting can make you a more confident person? Then this episode of Should I Start A Podcast is for you. In this show, I had the unique pleasure of talking to a good friend of mine, Emma Franklin Bell. Emma has so many projects it is difficult to keep track of them all. She is a podcast host, artist, entrepreneur, author, teacher and the creator of The Beautiful Business Academy.
Emma spent 20 years in the performing arts industry (mostly classical ballet) before branching out into entrepreneurship and book writing. Emma is the author of Your Beautiful Business and How to Run a Preschool Dance Studio, both of which have been extremely well received globally. She's been featured on numerous podcasts and built up an impressive following for her show, The Ladies Lounge.
I was lucky enough to get a bit of her time, so tune in to the episode to hear us go into depth on topics like:
- Why getting interesting people to come on your podcast is not as impossible as you might think
- How podcasting can up your confidence levels and make you a better communicator
- How podcasting can expose you to new people and ideas in a way few other things can
- The value of gumption and desire for success in podcasting (and life in general)
- The question ‘why?’ and how it played a pivotal role in Emma’s life
- The argument against focusing on the monetisation of podcast
- The benefits of finding ways around things that are difficult, stepping over challenges as they come
- How Emma considers the podcasting process to be similar to eating a gourmet meal
- How Emma answers the question ‘what do you do?’ and various ways to think of being a ‘creative’
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.