Need inspiration, fresh ideas or just need a good laugh? This episode of Should I Start A Podcast offers up all three. In this show, I had the immense pleasure of talking to a good friend of mine, Dave Eddy. Dave is a podcast host, digital marketer, serial entrepreneur and all-round brilliant soul.
With a background in business marketing and psychology, Dave spent seven years working with over 500 business clients in big marketing and advertising firms. He then decided to start a digital marketing consulting business. In his spare time he co-founded Camplify and started a podcast, The Location Station. With over 30 episodes, the show focuses on clever or innovative marketing ideas for location-based business growth.
Tune in to the episode to hear us dig deep and discuss things like:
- Why starting a podcast is easier than you might think
- Dave’s advice to his 20-year-old version self
- How podcasting can expose you to new people and ideas in a way few other things can
- A story about Microsoft’s Hololens mixed reality technology
- Thoughts on the future of multi sensory search and the need to stay ahead of the curve
- How approaching podcast guests is easy with preparation and genuine interest
- Why podcast ROI is tough to pin down
- What podcast ROI should be and some different perspectives
- Why putting yourself around people already doing something is so important if you want to do the same thing
- Dave’s podcast journey and how it fits into the focus of his marketing agency
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download