Glen Carlson is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker and co-founder Dent Global. Dent run the Key Person of Influence program, acknowledged by INC.com as “One of the top personal branding conferences in the world”.
Featured in the international media as a small business expert, in less than 4 years Glen has built his own business into the 9th fastest growing company in Australia (SmartCompany 2014). He is best known for helping fellow entrepreneurs develop an ‘unfair advantage’ in their industry and believes there has never been a better time to build a global business and personal brand doing something you love.
In this episode we talk about:
- Ronsley Vaz and his book, AMPLIFY
- How to use audio and podcasting, and turn content collateral into assets
- Ronsley’s journey before becoming a podcaster
- How doing an MBA changed Ronsley’s perspective
- Ronsley running his own restaurant business
- How Ronsley decided to start a podcast
- What Ronsley learned from KeyPersonofInfluence and how it helped him start his new career
- How Bond Appetit podcast became #1 in food, health and nutrition
- The struggles of running the Bond Appetit podcast
- The success of the very first podcasters’ conference in the southern hemisphere
- About the We Are Podcast Conference and Amplify
- The fear of failure when launching an event
- We Are Podcast 2016 speakers line-up and themes
- How to harness the power of conversation
- What Amplify agency does and the services they offer
- How mustamplify.com services work for all types of businesses
- The steps that Ronsley used to amplify his own podcast
- The ‘product ecosystem’
- Ronsley’s advice for launching a podcast
- The significance of consistency and engagement
- What works and doesn’t work on a podcast
- The meaning of ‘intensify’
- How to turn engagement into sales
- Ronsley’s lowest point since starting his business, Amplify
- Ronsley’s greatest victory
Where to find Glen Carlson
Dent Global: https://www.dent.global/
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.