Jordan Harbinger has always had an affinity for social influence, interpersonal dynamics, and social engineering. He helps private companies test the security of their communications systems. He has started a podcast way before it was the trendy thing to do. His podcast Art of Charm created a great platform for his business model – selling the Art of Charm Academy.
Forbes named him one of the 50 best relationship-builders anywhere and Inc. Magazine calls him “the Charlie Rose of Podcasting.
Jordan has spent several years abroad in Europe, the developing world, including South America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East. He also speaks five languages. He has also worked for various governments and NGOs overseas, traveled through war zones, and has been kidnapped… twice.
In this podcast episode we talk about:
- Jordan Harbinger putting extra energy into the show
- The Art of Charm getting two million downloads per month
- Jordan Harbinger being an artist/maker
- Being kidnapped twice!
- Mind vs. body communication
- About box breathing
- Your brain trying to make you comfortable
- A sense of accomplishments and achievements
- Jordan’s defining moments
- Jordan’s starting point in his podcasting journey
- How he grew his business
- Jordan’s issues with podcasting
- Jordan’s sense of awareness
- Ego – how it’s a misunderstood term
- Entrepreneurship being trendy right now
- Whether ego can help us in any way
- The major trends in podcasting
- How people are much more interested in on-demand stuff
- Jordan’s views on podcasting at the next level
How complicated is it to do a podcast?
“There is so much more evolution and it is happening quicker and quicker. Before things just used to take forever.”
What are the first mistakes that podcasters usually make?
“We didn’t look at our podcast measurement for five years because it was irrelevant. It just didn’t matter. It was low, unpredictable and business was whatever it was.
“I didn’t look at my twitter followers. I didn’t care about my Facebook fans. All that stuff was gone. This is pure survival mode.”
What are the most important things to consider?
“We have to be more animated because the person listening can’t actually see you and the audience certainly can’t see you either.”
Last mean on the planet?
“I’d go to Joe’s Stone Crab in Las Vegas. I love that place”.
Where to find Jordan Harbinger
About Jordan Harbinger: http://theartofcharm.com/jordan-harbinger/
The Art of Charm: https://theartofcharm.com/
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download