Dr Jesse Green is a dentist, entrepreneur, coach and thought leader who specialises in working with established high-performing dentists and industry young guns hungry for success. In an increasingly over-competitive market, he has made an art of helping his elite clients play bigger, better and smarter. In his entrepreneurial journey, he learned how to effectively mix business with pleasure. Podcasting as his guilty pleasure, he shares his tips on investing business through podcasting with an $80,000 return on investment.
He is the founder of Practice Max, a 7-step high-performance business mastermind that offers the latest in entrepreneurial thinking tools and cutting-edge ideas from the dental and non-dental worlds.
He is renowned for creating tailored dental practice management solutions that deliver financial results, top-performing teams and smart systems to free up profits and time for practice owners. Jesse’s ultimate vision: to create a leading entrepreneurial community of dentists in Australia.
Drawing on nearly two decades of experience, Jesse is the undisputed authority on practice management for highly motivated and enterprising dentists – a combination he describes as ‘dentalpreneur’. He is the author of the Amazon number one best seller, RETENTION! How to Plug the #1 Profit Leak in Your Dental Practice.
In this episode we talk about:
- Overview on Jesse’s career
- How dentistry is changing massively?
- Learn the consequences of being a dentist
- Know the skill sets that help people to succeed
- The rewards of writing a book and how it’s served him well
- How easy it is to start a podcast?
- Investing on podcast with a $80,000 return on investment
- How podcasting changes his life?
- Investing through your business with podcasting
- Mixing business with pleasure
- Business coaching tips for dentists to improve their bottom line
- The impact of the Savvy Dentist podcast show
- All about his book: “Retention! How to plug the #1 profit leak in your dental practice”
- How he’s making money out of his podcast show?
- Why he recommends that people should try starting a podcast?
- The technicalities involve through investing your business podcast
- Top investing advice to become a better entrepreneur
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do they know if it’s for them?
“I’ve always been really conscious of the power of podcast. I think at the time, it was just another thing I needed to do. I think the main thing for me was just fitting it into the day and finding the time to record the episodes and have them edited to get the resources together.”
How complicated is it to do a podcast?
“For me, the technical stuff was a bit of a challenge, but we should not be afraid of technology. For some reason, I just lost a paradigm around the recording that I struggled with. It did impact on the early episodes, but we overcame it. It’s a learning process. My philosophy around has been just trying to get better. Every episode, I’m just trying to get better than the last. I put useful contents that people enjoy. Hopefully they’ll forgive some of my shortcomings in the technical level.”
What are the most important things to consider when investing through your business podcast?
- The first one is having a really interesting conversation with really interesting people.
- For me, the worth it questions extends beyond the commercial return. It extends to the point of doing what I get to do and enjoying it. That for me is the biggest thing.
- I’ve had to learn to ask questions and really listen. Equally, I’ve had to learn that some people come into my podcast with an agenda. I need to make sure that we’re having a conversation and they’re not just going into pitch mode. So I’ve had to learn the art of elegantly interrupting. It’s hard because you feel like you’re talking over one another, but somehow I’m getting better.
Where to find Dr Jesse Green
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.