Emma and Carla Papas are an energetic pair of well-being mentors, genuine food recipe developers and bliss bloggers; or, as they like to call themselves, full-time Merrymakers. They like to teach everyone how to blissfully grow and develop a successful business podcast with raving fans along the way. The talented duo is devoted to showing individuals how to locate their own euphoria and take after that way with a specific end goal to lead a happy and satisfied life.
Their main goal is to make well-being and joy the world’s default! They believe that everybody can have a beneficial outcome. Their site will rouse you with genuine sustenance (loads of yummy paleo formulas), care and help you discover and follow your bliss.
For Emma and Carla, it’s not an adventure into well-being, it’s a voyage of our best well-being. Their most loving message to convey to the world is, “to do what lives up to expectations for you and what makes you feel great”.
Their theory is that everybody is a bit distinctive and the nourishment that may make one person flourish could be a toxin for another. They trust that to be upbeat and solid, your life should be adjusted in all areas of the circle of life.
In this episode we talk about:
- The Merrymaker Sisters podcast
- What it’s like having a business podcast?
- The amazing feedback they are receiving from their community
- How is business podcast strengthening the Merrymaker brand?
- Bringing joy to celebrate fun in life
- Merrymakers’ plan for 2016
- Figuring it out and taking action
- An amazing product community service to be launched soon
- The launching of the Merrymaker club with a delicious meal plan every month
- The Merrymaker sisters’ conference speaking gig coming out in October
- The importance of finding our passion
- How the Merrymaker sisters found their passion?
- Trying new things, meeting challenges in order to grow and finding passion in life
- Finding passion through starting a podcast
- The exciting world of podcasting
- The benefits of podcasting for helping a business to grow
- The free and easy resources and guides for starting a podcast
- Getting help and joining a Facebook group to learn about podcasting
- Why is podcasting so hot all of a sudden?
- The power of podcasting
- The obstacles that initially prevented them from starting a podcast
- Overcoming challenges and not overthinking it
- How to defeat fear and self-doubt
- Being healthy and happy, and creating the life you want to live
- The importance of surrounding yourself with positive and inspirational people
- How their journey could have been easier
- How to make money out of a podcast
- Marketing brands through podcasting
- How podcasting builds trust and strong relationships
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
“I think you really work to your strengths. If you have someone who can sit down and help you do that, or if you have someone who is naturally really good at figuring things out, get them in the room and get them to help you as well.
“I guess it’s just our personal journey, probably the struggles we made up in our hands. We were saying to ourselves: “Oh it’s going to be hard to set that up, it’s going to be too hard to do this.” Then again, as we learned how to do it, it actually wasn’t that easy. That’s just our mindset switch. All this stuff is doable. All it takes is time and you’re going to be prepared to take the time.”
How do I know if podcasting as a medium is for me?
“Our number one tip for anything is just to simply take actions. Instead of waiting for two years, just try and discover your passion. Say you want to start a podcast in your passion and you don’t know what your passion is yet, then start writing, journaling – start a business podcast about finding your passion. If you’re starting a podcast, the podcast is you. So it can be whatever you want it to be and it can evolve with you.
“And when you do start thinking about taking action, I know that it seems little scary, “but what’s the best that could that happen? What’s the best outcome? What if you start a podcast and it blows up? What if you start a podcast and you meet someone amazing that is really instrumental on your journey?” All you have to do is take the step in order for that chance to happen. I think the overall message just does it and you’ll figure it out along the way.”
What are the most important things to consider business podcast?
“My recommendation would be to tell people about it. Tell your friends that you’re launching this podcast, tell your business mentors, tell the whole world via Facebook that you’re going to do this and you’re going do it by this day. And then I bet you that you will be 100 per cent more likely to actually make it happen.
“It’s just about taking action and if you have the step guides, find a couple, read through them all, watch some videos and take what you like from all of them.”
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
“At the moment it’s Foundr, Nathan Chan. Lewis Howes, Hay House Meditations. We listen to Chris Ducker, we also subscribe to Biddy Tarot, which is about tarot card reading. She’s our good friend. We have her in our podcast.”
Where to find The Merry Maker Sisters
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.