Thinking about starting a podcast? There are a few things you should consider first, and it may not be what you’re thinking.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re at the very beginning of your podcast journey and don’t know where to begin, then this episode is for you.
On this episode of Should I Start a Podcast, we hear Clarissa Rayward’s talk at the We Are Podcast conference. Clarissa is a divorce lawyer and recently started a podcast called Happy Lawyer, Happy Life. She originally wanted to start a podcast a few years ago, but the concept she had then just didn’t feel right.
It took Clarissa about three years to figure out what she wanted to talk about on her podcast, but once she did, everything else fell into place.
In this episode, Clarissa gives new podcasters, and those thinking about starting a podcast, great insights into what sort of questions you should ask yourself first. All her great tips should give you everything you need to start the planning process to start a podcast.
Also within this episode:
- Why Clarissa started a blog
- The statistics of lawyers and depression
- Why it’s ok to not be happy all the time
- Why you need a plan to start a podcast
- The benefits of podcast sponsors
- How to pursue sponsors before your podcast begins
- The two questions every potential podcaster should answer
- How being more mindful can bring you more happiness
- How having a podcast can open more doors for your business
Author: Shannon Morrison
Writer of words and protector of content, Shannon strives to deliver witty, informative and uncomplicated sentences. Lover of coffee, sarcasm, books and Star Wars. Moonlights as a Professional Beagle Butler and unicorn wrangler.