Podcasting is a fantastic way to get your voice and brand out into the world, however, there is an exchange of time required to get your podcast out each week. What if you could find a way to have your podcast pay for itself? Let’s talk sponsorships.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast, build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
On this episode of Should I Start a Podcast we bring you one of the exciting keynote deliveries from We Are Podcast 2016 with Aaron Fifield. Aaron is a developing trader and host of the Chat With Traders podcast. Each week he interviews successful traders and financial thought-leaders to extract their best insights.
On the trading front, Aaron is learning how to code and pursuing algorithmic trading systems. He also runs his own graphics and web design company.
Aaron’s session walks you through Aaron’s achievements so far as a result of starting a podcast why he built a business around something he is passionate about. The benefits of podcasting as a platform and opportunity for him as a trader in talking to high profile people. The way he has attracted customers from podcasting and the way he has got customers onto his show.
In this episode, Aaron also shares:
- Everything Aaron does as a trader and a podcast trader host
- The fundamental understanding of markets
- Getting into trading
- Podcasts that exist as types of trading
- The difference between a trader and an investor
- Creating an entrepreneurship podcast
- The importance of knowing who you are speaking to
- Creating a show that is essential and resonates with people
- Going back to launching his podcast in mid-January, 2015
- The different types of people from different kinds of markets he's interviewed for his show
- The first step he took to having a sponsorship
- His plan for “We are Podcast” 2016 to get contact from potential sponsors
- Monetising a podcast through sponsorships
- The importance of engagement with listeners in running a podcast
Author: Shannon Morrison
Writer of words and protector of content, Shannon strives to deliver witty, informative and uncomplicated sentences. Lover of coffee, sarcasm, books and Star Wars. Moonlights as a Professional Beagle Butler and unicorn wrangler.