SEO can be a daunting concept if you’re not familiar with it or it’s purpose. But once you get the hang of it, you’ll realize that SEO is just a helpful way to get your podcast to people that need to hear it.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast, build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
On this episode of Should I Start a Podcast, we hear Kate Toon talk about the importance of SEO for marketing your podcast. Kate Toon is an SEO expert, as well as a public speaker, mentor, podcaster, and all-around connoisseur on entrepreneurship. Kate uses her own personal experience of starting a podcast and navigating the world of search engines to help others on the same path.
Kate knows that SEO isn’t usually on the radar of most podcasters, but explains why it should be. She gives us helpful tips and tricks to get the broadest audience for every episode, like how to pick compelling titles, how to streamline your show notes, and to always cater to “humans first and search engines second”.
Also within this episode:
- What SEO is and why it’s used
- How to influence the natural search process
- How to understand iTunes list ranking
- Understanding the “New and Noteworthy” section on iTunes
- Why you should take a “Humans First” approach to marketing
- The BDF (Beliefs, Desires, Fears) concept and what it means
- How to arrange your podcast episode titles
- Why it’s important to focus on your cover art
- Why you should be a little “clickbaity” with your titles
- Why you should always deliver on your promises when it comes to titles
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.