The podcasting game has changed in the last decade. Engaging with listeners is so much more than just chatting via Twitter – now we need to be creative and start thinking outside the square.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest line-up, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply finding a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
Your audience plays a significant role in the evolution of your podcast, you just need to listen where they want it to go. In this episode of Should I Start A Podcast, we dial into the insightful keynote speech from Blair Hughes, at We Are Podcast. Blair is the trust building guru and fan engagement specialist at Audioboom, in Australia and New Zealand. In a past life, he was a school teacher, but now spends his days comprising innovative ways to keep audiences emotionally engaged while also coming up with solutions that generate value for listeners.
This master of engagement has created partnerships with major radio, media, podcasters and sporting teams including Macquarie Media, SEN, RSN, the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Australian Open, and many more.
In this episode of Should I Start A Podcast, Blair talks podcast monetization through fan engagement, understanding user demographics, while also giving a little insight into the world of Audioboom.
Blair shares with us:
- The audio on demand explosion, and the new power of fan engagement
- How to establish good engagement ideas
- Going viral – the new wave of podcasting
- Tapping into the audio on demand culture
- Why your audio length is so important
- How to generate a hard core fan base
- How brewing craft beer increased a stadium’s audience engagement
- Why you MUST get creative with your content
- Understanding the power of listening
- What Pixie Lott and Russell Brand do to build loyalty
- How photos are now great for audio
- Getting intimate – what kinds of conversations we should be having
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.