Nathan Chan is the founder of Foundr. And if there’s anyone who knows how to grow a content business from nothing into a content empire with an audience of millions, it’s Nathan.
The story of Foundr is now legend. Starting out as a one-man-band digital magazine for aspiring entrepreneurs in 2013, Nathan has gone on to interview many of the world’s most famous entrepreneurs and business thinkers including the likes of Richard Branson, Seth Godin, Tim Ferris, Gary Vaynerchuck and Tony Robbins just for starters. Not bad for a young guy from Melbourne. Foundr has gone on to become a content powerhouse, incorporating a digital and print magazine, podcasts, blog, email newsletter, ebooks, courses, social media groups and more.
In this video from We Are Podcast 2017, Nathan unpacks the Foundr business model and offers 10 ways you can monetise your podcast based on the Foundr experience.
Nathan gives you the goods on:
- How to use great guests to build the authority and credibility
- Why you need to be prepared to test and try things
- How to repurpose content and leverage it
- Using your podcast as a brand builder
- Getting people into your ecosystem
- Finding inspiration in other industries and markets
- Finding the pain killer solution for your market
- Success with pre-selling
- What is good content that sells?
- Repackaging content like a greatest hits album
- The best way to do courses
- Why books are a great way to monetise
- The truth about membership sites
- Events, masterminds and paid workshops
- Coaching and consulting
- Providing done-for-you services
- Creating SAAS (software as a service) products
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.