Ed Dale is the creator of The Challenge and co-founder of MagCast. These are systems used by thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide to get started and make money online and build their successful digital businesses. Over the past ten years, they’ve helped over 300,000 people worldwide get started online through The Challenge program. Ed's been fortunate enough to experience the “Million Dollar” product launch using the exact same strategies he taught in his programmes.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Ed Dale spends and manages his time as an entrepreneur
- The right time to put a team in place
- Being entrepreneurial in nature: Make money online
- The traditional Project Manager role
- The importance of hiring a scrum master, especially when starting a business
- The digital cloud service that automates live streams like YouTube, podcast shows and other media platforms
- The difference between attention and engagement
- What Ed Dale is passionate about when delivering value to clients
- Providing pain relievers to your audience
- The importance of building tribes and engagement
- Showing people how to move from where they are to where they want to be
- Providing value by definition
- Jobs that need to be done
- The disruption theory
- The true engagement in helping people get their jobs done
- How Dale is doing his best to help people address their pains, gains and jobs
- How he's saving people’s time by helping them figure out their pains and solutions
- Why he thinks podcasting is so hot all of a sudden?
- Make Money Online Quicker Than You Probably Think!
- Dale’s perspective on why podcasting is the ultimate medium
- The importance in understanding a podcast to make money online and direct marketing
- Building an email list of podcast listeners
- How to make money online and build tribes out of podcasting
- Make Money Online with integrity
- Ed Dale’s key note title in speaking at We are Podcast 2016
- Why and how he created “The Challenge” which helps people to start and build an online business for free
- What excites him and really gets him going
- Making a living from something you're passionate about
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do they know if it's for them?
“There are some people that aren’t naturally inclined, they’re not happy having conversations. However, most people who are entrepreneurial in nature tend to be quite comfortable having discussions. Because, at the end of the day, two mates having a talk is what this is all about. We haven’t sat down and intimately planned what we are going to say, but hopefully people got some really good value out of it. To me, that’s the most important thing.
“To anybody listening right now, we cannot have a more ultimate type of conversation, and there’s no better form of marketing and getting to know somebody than having a conversation with them. And a podcast allows you to do that. In this day and age, it’s so much easier to do and it’s improving all the time.”
What are the most important things to consider to make money online through podcasting?
- The way you deliver value to your audience. You are providing pain relievers to your audience. They have problems, challenges… they have complaints. So, in your podcast, if you can be a great provider of pain relievers to those problems, you’re getting engagement. You’re going to build your tribe.
- If you can show people how to move from where they are to where they want to be in your podcast, then you’re getting engagement. You’re providing value by definition.
- If you can help people with their jobs in your niche then that’s true engagement, that’s true value.
- You need to create a list of your podcast listeners. You need to be able to communicate with them. When I say list, I mean emails or addresses. You need to be able to communicate with all tribes outside the room of a podcast. You need to do that by building a list.
- If you can help people to enjoy their niche more or solve their problems, you’re doing great and people will love you for it. And how do you do that? You do that by providing value, but also not being afraid.
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download