There are so many types of podcasts that exist, and connecting with your fans and bringing them into your podcast is a sure fire way of making your podcast stand out from the crowd.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply finding a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
On this throwback episode I have the privilege to talk to the incredible Blair Hughes. Blair as many years of experience visualizing, developing and facilitating major events, and communications projects.
He has high success rate of delivering exceptional outcomes for clients in both local and international markets across the music, education and sports industries. He’s a leader, podcast networker and life-long learner skilled in digital media, marketing and public relations.
Blair currently manages the operations for audioBoom podcasts in Australia and New Zealand. He has created partnerships with major radio, media, podcasters and sporting teams including Macquarie Media, SEN, RSN, the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Australian Open, and many more.
This episode is jam packed with helpful tips and insight, here is a taste of what we cover:
- Audio Boom and the power of fan engagement
- The history of podcasting
- How everyone wants to get involved in podcasting
- How podcasting has been doing amazing things for a long time now
- How podcasting is becoming viral and can influence anyone to start their own podcast
- The easy access of listening to podcasts through the power of mobile phones and high-speed Wi-Fi
- The power of the audio platform and why audio Boom are passionate about it
- The audio-on-demand app which anyone can use to record, upload, share and monetise their audio, and can use as a personalised radio station
- Fan engagement
- How Blair has worked in lots of teams from sporting to music environments, trying to find ways to make fans buy everything he has
- The importance of sound quality and technology when having a podcast
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.