Mary Loudermilk is a native Oregonian, currently living in Bali with her husband, Derek. After graduating from CU Boulder with a BA in International Affairs, she moved to Bozeman, MT and started her food blog “The Kitchen Paper.” The Kitchen Paper is full of recipes focusing on accessible, “real” food with bold, pleasing flavours.
When she isn’t working on books or food blogging, Mary enjoys being outdoors! She loves to run, Nordic ski, bike, practice yoga, and camp. Combining any of these activities with travel is even better — as she has done for the last year traveling and living in Asia.
In this episode we talk about:
- How to start a food blog
- Other great blog topics to start with aside of recipes
- Figuring out what to cook (real food, real ingredients, and accessible recipes)
- Influence of Indian foods
- Cooking food with butter, cheese and sugar, but also lots of veggies and healthy ingredients
- The process of Self – Publishing an ebook
- Importance for Bloggers to Master Pinterest
- One simple thing that Bloggers can do to increase their pinterest Following
- Learning more about Neiman-Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Processed Foods
What foods to actively seek out
- Foods with Natural oils
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Dried Beans
- Fresh Foods
Mary’s fondest food memories
- Easy baked-oven foods
- Brownie Recipe
- Cookie Recipe
- bean and cheese quesadilla
- Spiced foods with vegetables
- German pancakes
Quick dinner ideas
- Eggs on veggies and toast
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Sautéed vegetables
Know more about Mary
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Mandy Kaling, Kevin Spacey and/or the Obamas at the white house and/or at the top of eiffel tower
Last meal on the planet?
- Bean and cheese quesadilla
- Indian Foods
What is the most challenging things you’ve ever done in your life?
Taking the plunge into being a full time food blogger
When it comes to foods, what is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Cook! Just play around and don’t be afraid to try things, coz you’ll learn. Make some mistakes, but don’t make the same mistakes then you’ll keep getting better.
Where to find Mary
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.