Phill Tsingos in the co-creator of iNightingale. He’s a Registered Nurse. He’s been nursing for twenty years. He’s worked in intensive care, emergency, children, rural and remote, community care as well as with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Phill has worked directly with patients but also has had extensive experience as a manager as well as a nurse educator. Phill has worked here in Australia as well as abroad in the UK.
In this episode we talk about:
- The number of hours that Phill sleeps
- How Phill’s wife Edwina, dealt with their youngest boy having sleep apnea
- The work and life demands that Phill deals with
- Why Phill stopped watching the news and what that has done for him
- What iNightingale is all about
- The big issues that aged people deal with
- And, a whole bunch of videos on how to deal with an ageing parent
- How Phill and me met
- Phil’s food stories and his stories about his childhood
- “I used to cut a piece of toast into 36 pieces and share it with my sister, so that it would last longer”
- How the Salvation Army used to give Phill and his sister the scraps of food that nobody else would eat
- Why Phill loves being a nurse
- The big issues with aged care and how that can be fixed
- Why diet is the critical factor in proper aged care
- Casserole – http://www.civicexchange.eu/app/casserole-club
- Why Phill used to punch himself in the stomach every time he ate
- Phill talks about going through the 6 food elimination diet – wheat, dairy, seafood, eggs, nuts, soy
- How Phill lost 16 kilograms
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
What foods to actively seek out
- Tuna cans
- Baked beans without gluten
Phill’s fondest food memories
Phill’s granddad would make Greek Spanakopita, Fakes Soupa (Greek Lentil Soup) and that was his fondest memory of food growing up
- Pushups with his kids
- All his exercises are with his kids
- Involve your kids while you cook
Quick dinner ideas
- A can of gluten free baked beans and a can of tuna – mix them together when on the run
Know more about Phill
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Ronsley Vaz at his place with his family
Last meal on the planet?
Fakes Soupa (Greek Lentil Soup) to start, followed by Greek Spanakopita, and some grilled bream
- LISTEN: Cheri Hugo on iNightingale podcast
- APP: Casserole Club
- LISTEN: Leandra Brady-Walker
Where to find Phill
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download