She teaches women how to find the balance between raging party girl and blissed out hippy all while nourishing their inner goddess.
She is a typical busy modern woman, Chiropractor, business owner, author, domestic goddess and mummy to Asha. A woman who wants it all, good food, a fast paced fashionable lifestyle and good health, she knows how to strike that balance.
If you've ever wanted to be healthier without giving up the cocktails, chocolate, heels or beauty products she's your gal.
Currently living and working in tropical Darwin Australia, she spends her days as a Chiropractor. By night, she is the Cosmopolitan Hippy, writing books, recipes and running various programs that teach women how not to give up the life they love, while loving and respecting their bodies at the same time.
She is the author of the book COSMOPOLITAN HIPPY: A modern girl's guide to being healthy and fabulous and of Eat like a Cosmopolitan Hippy which is out in January 2015.
In this episode we talk about:
- Why she would put herself through writing another book
- What is this new book about
- In the book she talks about
- The recipes she has tweaked and made her own
- Its her version of clean eating that fits in with her fast paced busy lifestyle
- The gut-brain link and what it does to you
- The 4 ways to cleaning your gut
- The difference between cacao and cocoa
- Wheat and how much she really hates it
- The difference between white rice and brown rice
- If you're craving stuff, what you should do with that
- How to build a meal
- What is the definition of Clean Eating
- ‘I think of food as things that don't need an ingredient list' on the @bondappetit podcast
- Why it is so difficult to go to buy food from the supermarket
- Why we believe that potato chips are made out of potato
- What is the meaning of reconstituted food
- The amount of sugar that is an apple and when you should pick an apple over a piece of bread
- Why Leandra isn't the biggest fan of fructose
- “A piece of bread will breakdown and give your body more sugar than a snickers bar will”
- Whole wheat bread and low-GI – what the difference is between low-Gi and low GI-load
- Is bread in any form ok?
- What oats do to your tummy and how it sits in your body
- Why fat is so important for you than eating carbohydrates
- “I have a high fat diet, because a woman can't live on lettuce alone”
- How much meat is enough meat?
- 90% of systemic inflammation comes from a leaky gut
- What is the gut-brain connection
- “Cognitive decline is accelerated if you eat a high-sugar high-carbohydrate diet”
- Why do we have an emotional attachment to wheat
- What is the after lunch slump
- “A chiropractic session is an anti-depressant “
- The 4 simple ways to heal and repair a gut – remove, restore, repair and replace
- An egg yolk has so many beautiful things in it
- Make a bone broth
- Gelatin is extremely healing for your gut
- The things you can do with a stock or bone broth
- If you can't buy organic celery, don't buy it
- A recipe from Leandra's book you've gotta try is her Salted Caramel Tart
Where to find Leandra
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.