Sally is the founder and head dietitian of Marchini Nutrition. Marchini Nutrition is a dietitian service set up to help all those with or at risk of diabetes and coeliac disease.
Sally qualified as a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Newcastle and is an active member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA), the Australian Diabetes Council and Coeliac Australia. But it is her personal experience that sets her apart from other local dietitians.
Sally talks about Coeliac disease in detail and why you should check yourself for any diet related disease.
Nutrition and Cooking
What foods to avoid
- High glycemic index carbohydrates
What foods to actively seek out
- Uncontaminated Oats
- Low glycemic index carbohydrates
- Basmati Rice
- Brown Rice
Sally's fondest food memories
Beef in Orange Sauce that her mother cooked for
- 45 minute walk + 3 lots of 30 double lunges + some sprints
- Golf twice a week
- Use a slow cooker
- Egg based dishes are really quick
- Baked beans on toast if you're desperate
- Make big pots of stews and soups – and freeze them
Omelette with legumes and cheese
Tips on reducing wastage
- Get chickens – they eat all scraps and give you eggs
- Make a soup or a stew if your veggies are going off
Know more about Sally
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall in Thailand
Last meal on the planet?
Beef in Orange Sauce cooked by her mum
- Dr Jason Tye-Din – When the gluten free diet stops working: refractory coeliac disease
- What is FODMAP intolerance?
- Moon and you iPhone app
- Australian Guide for healthy eating
Where to find Sally
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.