Rob Greenfield (born August 28, 1986) is an American adventurer, environmental activist, and entrepreneur. He is best known for Off the Grid Across America, a bicycle tour across the USA on a bamboo bicycle to inspire Americans to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Greenfield is also an inspirational writer and speaker, world traveler, ambassador to One Percent for the Planet, and founder of The Greenfield Group.
In this episode we talk about:
- What Rob does and why he does it
- What are the small things you can do to make a difference
- Why you should get rid of plastic in general
- How to be independent and how to be less connected to the grid
- How he stripped himself of the conveniences and luxuries, and what he found out
- What is really the meaning of Dumpster Diving
- How Rob lived off dumpster food
- How much food Americans waste a year
- Why Rob got himself vasectomy
- His view on the pharmaceutical industry
- [spp-tweet “‘There is a misconception that eating healthy is expensive’ @ on the @bondappetit podcast”]
- [spp-tweet “‘Whenever I purchase food, the nutritional content is #1’ @ on the @bondappetit podcast”]
- Why you should stop buying potato chips in a packet
- The plastic islands
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Anything in a package
- Animal products
What foods to actively seek out
- Olive oil
- Wild caught venison
Rob’s fondest food memories
When he was growing up, Rob wished he could take one pill that would give him the nutritional value that food provided. Rob’s favourite meal growing up was ice cream, vanilla ice cream.
Tips on reducing wastage
- Shop at the places that don’t waste food in the first place
- If you have food waste, compost it
- You don’t have to throw food out when it goes past it’s best-by-date date
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Know more about Rob
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Last meal on the planet?
Where to find Rob
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.