Joanna Rushton is the Author of #1 Amazon Best seller ‘Rocket Fuel on a Budget’ and Founder of The Energy Coaching Institute in Australia. She is an internationally qualified chef, high performance nutrition, energy, and exercise specialist and host of an upcoming television and digital show on holistic wellbeing.
Jo Rushton is also a highly sought after speaker, facilitator, and panelist member across the inspirational personal growth, preventative health and wellness platforms where she combines neuro nutrition, neuro leadership and neuro exercises for optimal performance and productivity.
Jo is currently writing her next book ‘FOOD, MOOD and YOUR ATTITUDE – Enhance Your Energy, Health and Professional Productivity’ a book on learning how to eat the right foods to boost your mood for life, which is due for release late 2013. Jo is also a Faculty Member of the CHEK Institute and teaches Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1 (HLC 1) across Australia and New Zealand.
In this episode we talk about:
- Her book ‘Rocket Fuel on a Budget’ and how she came up with the name
- Organic and her influence behind living organically
- Jo talks about her health issues before she found a spring in her step
- The definition of organic and what does it really mean
- The misrepresentations of the words natural and organic
- What is the right ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids, and what they do to your body
- How do you source the right organic foods for your everyday consumption
- What are biodynamic chickens
- A story about an answer Jo got when she asked the question what these free range chickens fed?
- Jessie Reimers on the Bond Appetit Podcast
- Examples of small steps you can take to eating right
- How to be in sync with what Mother Nature provides us
- The farmers subsidised by the government and how that works
- Her fond memories of being a chef
- Some stories from her times of being a chef that only a chef could relate to
- How she burned he eyebrows off
Know more about Jo
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Dalai Lama at a catered experience in nature somewhere
Last meal on the planet?
Something that would be an experience of fusion of different cultures and different tastes over a degustation
Where to find Jo
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.