Derek Henry is a holistic health coach and blogger who has created Healing the Body to help people understand the fundamental principles to exceptional health so they can overcome their own health challenges.
His popular Wellness Transformation E-Guide and Ultimate Reset coaching program gives people step by step solutions to achieve a healthier body and mind, while empowering them to maintain that lifestyle through a fundamental education based on the 4 pillars of true health.
He also writes nutrition and wellness articles for the #1 rated natural health website in the world, Naturalnews.com.
Derek is currently a co-owner and Master Health Coach at Healing the Body. He provides a completely holistic approach to healing, including taking into consideration the proper mindset, nutrition, environment, and other lifestyle factors. He believes no one can truly be healthy and free by only treating symptoms, and with a holistic approach, those symptoms will remedy themselves naturally and leave your health much stronger fundamentally.
In this episode we talk about:
- Derek growing up on a farm and his exposure to pesticides
- The issues and problems he had before he started looking at his health
- Why he chose the alternative health route
- What Healing the Body is all about
- What mistakes you shouldn't make if you face the same problem like Derek was going through
- Why you should change any metal fillings you might have
- Why you should find foods that fight inflammation
- Thrive Program – And how he wanted to get to more people through this program
- The Ultimate Reset Program – What its all about and some stories behind the successes
- What is the real meaning of internal inflammation and how to find out whether you have it
- The main steps of Derek's Ultimate Reset Program
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods Derek avoids
- Non-organic fruits and vegetables, and conventional animal products
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated fats
- Refined Sugar
- Grains containing gluten
- Vinegars (except apple cider vinegar)
- Artificial spices, flavours, and colours
What foods Derek actively seeks out
- Organic vegetables and low sugar fruits (primarily in the form of salads, soups, smoothies)
- High quality herbs
- humanely treated and clean animal products (eggs, grass fed beef, wild caught fish)
- Peppermint, ginger, and chamomile teas
- Sauerkraut and kefir
- Healthy fats like coconut oil and avocado
- High quality spices like cayenne and turmeric
- Stevia as a sweetener
Derek's fondest food memories
Derek loved eating bread, potatoes and steak growing up. He enjoyed his mum making fresh bread. Derek had a sweet tooth and for him that was the hardest thing to let go of. His favourite meal of all time is ham and scalloped potatoes with saskatoon pie at the end.
Rebounding 5 days a week for about 10-15 minutes. And walking his dog everyday.
Make a smoothie everyday
Make a salad everyday
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Yes. I love what I eat with a smoothie and a salad everyday. With 70% of my diet is produce.
Know more about Derek
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
The founder of Natural News, Mike Adams at a raw food restaurant.
Last meal on the planet?
His favourite coconut cream smoothie with a salad and a grass fed steak.
Where to find Derek
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.