Emily Dupuche is a Melbourne mum of 3 who is passionate about feeding children good food, to power them through a day of growing, playing and learning. She believes that parents have a duty to their children, to educate them around nutrition and ensure that they have a positive relationship with food.
Emily is the author of the best selling book Food Babies Love, and the creator of Food Babies Love – the blog. She is a Key Person of Influence and an expert in the space of food for children.
In this episode we talk about:
- How she started Food Babies Love
- Why she wrote the book
- How she went about marketing and selling the book
- Why it important to expose your child to different types of colours, tastes and textures in food during the first 12 months
- What are the common themes of problems that parents are making today
- When is the best time to buy her book
- Breastfeeding and what a mother should be eating during that period
- Allergies and what you need to be aware of
- Why you need to limit sugar and salt when it comes you babies
- Formulas and milk – our thoughts
- What you should look out for in the supermarkets and why you should avoid them
- What’s the deal with the health food isle
- Frozen convenience meals and why we shouldn’t be buying them
- How you can change your child’s taste buds around processed foods
- Key Person of Influence and how that changed her business
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Highly processed meals
- Pre-done meals
- Trashy white bread
- Frozen meals
What foods to actively seek out
- Meat from the butchers
- Freshly sourced veggies
Emily’s fondest food memories
Emily used to run a restaurant from the age of 8 at home. Right from creating a menu, giving it to her family and then cooking it for them. Her favourite meal growing up was baked potatoes with a variety of toppings.
4 mornings a week she goes to the gym at 5 am. And a run once or twice a week.
- Meal plan always
- Cook with a little bit of love
- Don’t cook bland boring food for your kids, do it just like you would for yourself
Tips on reducing wastage
- Use your leftovers
- Veggies leftover??? Make a soup and freeze.
- Lunch is usually almost always leftover
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Yes. Absolutely … my family too.
Know more about Emily
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Jennifer Anniston, no, strike that, It’ll be Stephanie Alexander somewhere really fancy if she’s paying
Last meal on the planet?
Where to find Emily
- Email: email@example.com
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.