Jessica Shaanan is the very gorgeous health and fitness geek who has a lot to say about food and nutrition. She is a yoga instructor and has been involved with healthy eating since she was twelve. She grew up in Montreal, Canada and now lives in San Diego.
Jess and me talk about a lot and you should check out Part 1 of this interview here – 52. What are the important food questions you should ask yourself with Jessica Shaanan Part 1
On this part of the episode we talk about:
- Gluten Free and how easy it is to go gluten free
- The food industry and how they have changed our taste buds
- How your relationship with food should be worked
- Why you should eat clean for about a month to change your taste buds
- Wholefoods – and why you need to be educated even when you shop there
- How you should buy yogurt and what to look for
- Why she doesn't season along the way
- Why you should caramelise your food
- My morning routine
- And Jess's morning routine
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Any bread that isn't paleo bread
- No bread related products
- Nothing in the chip and snack isle
- Dried fruit
What foods to actively seek out
- Paleo Bread – no sugar no grains
- Fresh veggies
- Raw foods
Jess's fondest food memories
Jessica's fondest memory of food is a more recent one when she discovered raw food restaurants in Bali. She also loves how people enjoy healthy food when they have a pre-conceived idea of what they are getting into.
She does what she can when she can. Like 20 minutes of running up a hill. She loves her yoga.
Roasted Cauliflower Steak – Cut it half and sear it in a pan with an egg over it.
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
Know more about Jess
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Bill Clinton in a very exclusive restaurant in a remote place on the planet.
Last meal on the planet?
Jess's last meal on the planet would be a conversation.
Book: The artists way of work
App: Sleep cycle
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.