Leanne Sklavenitis has over 20 years experience in the health and fitness industry and as a motivational speaker.
She has been involved as an instructor, coordinator and director of various recreation centres and has been able to motivate, encourage and empower many people from all walks of life create the life they deserve.
In addition, Leanne has trained other trainers in their mission to assist people in this industry, including 2 years of training in the USA.
Leanne is not a “get skinny quick” trainer. Her experience has taught her that changing people's mindset, setting realistic goals, and developing solid plans of nutrition, will lead you to an overall life balance so that you can enjoy longevity in every area of your life.
In this episode Leanne and me talk about:
- Her recent trip to America
- The weather in Melbourne
- Her mission and how it centres around mindset
- Leanne is a NLP trained expert and we talk and explain what NLP is
- The 2 most common triggers that cause weight gain
- Why childhood influences are so important
- Creative ways to feed your children healthy and tasty food
- Her most fondest success story
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Fructose and Lactose
- Greasy foods
- Baked beans
- A lot of the bean family
What foods to actively seek out
- Fruits – bananas in particular
- Lots of protein
- Lots of eggs (Egg whites)
- Lean mince
- Lots of veggies
Leanne's fondest food memories
Leanne's mum's chicken casserole and the memories of her family sitting together and sharing that meal is very fond for her.
- Daily combination of running, biking and pilates
- Always have a few days worth of lunch ready on hand
- Ready boiled eggs in the food
- Google 10 minute healthy recipes
- If you don't like some ingredients swap and change them for something else
- Labelling and how to buy food from the supermarket
Omelette – mushrooms and brocoli
Tips on reducing wastage
- Share the waste between the birds and dog
- Have a meal plan and a shopping list
Do you have a clean eating diet plan?
“Absolutely. I don't crave too much sugar and greasy foods anymore”
Know more about Leanne
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
Richard Branson on Neckar Island
Last meal on the planet?
Leanne's mum's Chicken Casserole with the closest people that she would share that meal.
Where to find Leanne
Image copyright 2013 IKON images
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.