Wajida is the co founder of Kitchen Cultures. Based in Ontario, Canada. Their website specialises in mixing it up and sharing what they know about food. At the get go, I am going to ask you guys to check out their website. Such a great website with colourful pictures of food. They do everything from inspiring you to cook what you have in your pantry, to cooking for a crowd. In my opinion, They epitomise the idea of uniting people over food.
In this episode we talk about:
- Wajida's around the world experiences
- Her take on life in Nigeria
- Biryani, Eid and why I love them
- Ramadan and what my take on abstinence
- The secret behind making a cauliflower pizza base
- How to deconstruct a Biryani
Nutrition and Meal Plans
Wajida's fondest food memories
Her aunt's Biryani was her favourite meal growing up.
- Read the tips and advise series on Kitchen Cultures
- Be organised
- Chop certain vegetables as soon as you get home after you shop
- Cook the chicken so that its moist
- Brine your turkey or chicken
- Herbs and spices to flavour your food
Know more about Wajida
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
She'd love a Mughal Chef to cook for her and have dinner with Monica Bellucci.
Last meal on the planet?
Mushroom Rissotto with bell peppers and a squeeze of lime.
Where to find Wajida
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.