Finding success and achieving freedom within our professional lives is something that many of us strive towards.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs from around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
On today’s episode of Bond Appetite, we have the self-proclaimed ‘accidental entrepreneur’, Paul Smith. Paul is the co-founder and CEO of Future Directors Institute, an organisation helping to change mindsets by empowering the next generation of business leaders.
He is advocating diversity and inclusion, shaping the future one boardroom at a time. When reading Paul’s resume you’ll see titles such as mentor, coach and public speaker, nestled in with his sterling contributions as the Chair of the Jane Goodall Institute Australia, and founder of Gin Lane Australia.
In this discussion, Paul not only speaks about his successes but also his struggle with bullies and the dreaded imposter syndrome. Speaking from the heart, and taking us into the emotional side of the boardroom, we get to hear why not all heroes wear capes.
We also cover:
- Keeping your business sustainable when facing adversity
- How getting fired led to Paul’s success
- Knowing what makes a good business idea
- Why market research should be a priority
- What failure looks like and how to avoid it
- How to train yourself to see your self-worth
- Why Paul and Ronsley value superheroes
- Why Paul’s cultural background makes him struggle with success
- Understanding and recognising your emotions in the boardroom
- How to build up your cognitive ability to make better decisions
- Where Paul stands on life balance and sacrifice
- Paul’s saviour complex
Paul Smith – LinkedIn
Future Directors Institute – website
The Jane Goodall Institute – website
Gin Lane Australia – website
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download