Utilizing concepts and business models from other brands may seem like you’re cheating. However, upon looking at some of the biggest names out there you may come to realise that their achievements come exclusively from the teachings of others.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or podcast — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
Our latest episode of Bond Appetit Ronsley sits down with serial creative, Sean D’Souza. Sean has been an entrepreneur for as long as Photoshop has been around – so, just over 25 years. Originally setting out from college with a degree in economics and accounting, his career took a more creatively centred turn.
Sean is a cartoonist, successful author of the book Brain Audit, prolific online marketing strategist, graphics designer and currently the esteemed founder of psychotactics.com – a website that contributes valuable information and resources to help entrepreneurs better understand their customers purchasing preferences.
Although he’s a somewhat excessively busy guy who writes roughly 300 articles a year while maintaining half a dozen blogs, he still insists that there’s always time for vacations or at least a quick coffee.
Today’s episode focuses on the importance of reflecting on feedback, the three most important points to consider when approaching the beginning stages of a new business, and stark contrast between introverts and extroverts when it comes to marketing.
Also featured within this episode:
- Sean’s familial influencers
- How you gain a more enlightened perspective and awareness when you get older
- Doing your due diligence as a student
- Going against conventional wisdom and how it can lead to business improvements
- Absorbing feedback and why Sean looks at it in two ways
- Finding the right teacher
- Why Sean doesn’t put effort into social media
- Why competition is your key to success
- How testimonials will encourage people to spend
- The two P’s – patience and persistence
- Marketing to cater for extroverts and introverts
- The amount of effort it takes to become a successful entrepreneur
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.