When you hear a great interview there is something magical about them, the way they flow as if by random to amazing insights and discoveries. The truth is great interviews are always led by exceptional interviewers, masters of conversation.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or podcast — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
Our latest episode features Sean D’Souza. Sean is an extraordinarily multifaceted entrepreneur. After leaving college with a degree in accounting, he had the opportunity to work with the advertising agency, Leo Burnett. After learning a great deal, he transitioned into copywriting, writing TV commercials, which subsequently led him to graphic design, cartoons and web design.
Sean hosts his own highly rated, five-star podcast, The Three Month Vacation. This makes him the prime candidate for advising us on how we can conduct a great podcast interview. Today’s episode focuses on developing an interview structure, the importance of preparation and how it can lead to more in depth conversations.
In this episode we also get into:
- The difference between interviewing in person vs remotely
- What the randomness of conversations can be beneficial
- What Sean has learned from watching David Attenborough
- How structure can restrict the interesting elements in a conversation
- Why people can change their approach to an interview when it is random
- How talk show hosts create engaging conversations
- The ways to divert a conversation for layered interviews
- What Sean does after a bad interview
- Understanding storytelling and the tools you can use
If you want to be proud of the voice you’re sending out into the stratosphere, download the comprehensive 81 Point Checklist here and get ready to launch your audio marketing machine.
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.