Most of us strive to live a healthy life, but until you have a conversation with a nutritionist you truly are unaware of exactly the right types of foods to eat for your body – and a general approach might not be the best.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On today's episode we revisit our amazing conversation with Dr Cris Beer. Dr Cris is an expert in nutritional medicine. She specialises not just in the prevention and treatment of illness, but in attaining optimum health. She believes that this is achievable for anyone and passionately shares this message as a media personality and as the health consultant for The Biggest Loser Retreat on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
Even before this podcast started I made a trip to visit Dr Cris at her clinic, which she was so kind to accept. She is a lovely person and very welcoming. Dr Cris talks about the two types of clients she deals with on a regular basis: the extremely overweight ones at the Biggest Loser Retreat, and the chronic fatigue and irritable bowel patients at her clinic.
We also dive into:
- Dr Cris tells us about her personal journey and how when she was 18 she was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Why she was told she wouldn’t live to see her 40th birthday.
- We talk about Nutrigenomics and exactly what that is
- How you can switch on and off genes depending on the kinds of foods you eat
- She shares with us why you should avoid beige (think chips and pastries), canned and packet food
- Seek out food with lots of colour.
- Why eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables is good for you
- Dr Cris’s fondest food memories is the smell of the kitchen when her mum was in it on a Sunday morning
- The reason that all different kinds of soup were her favorite when she was growing up
- She’d love to have her last meal at her Grandmas home around that dining table.
The Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine – acnem.org
List of practitioners in the US – a4m.com
List of practitioners in Australia- a5m.net
52 habits for optimum help book
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.