The world is filled with ways to make our lives easier, quicker and as convenient as possible. But quite often taking the convenient options when it comes to food is actually in the long run going to be a huge inconvenience.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On our journey back through the archives we have found ourselves back with episode 11 with Nathan Schokker. Nathan is the director and founder of the Talio Group. Which is an integrated facilities management solutions company proficient in all services needed for commercial, industrial and residential properties.
Nathan shares with us his 2014 New Year’s resolution, to be proactive about his food and nutrition. He made big massive changes and lost about 15 kilograms since the start of the year. He talks about how that has changed his life and his relationships.
We also hear how he has taken his new view on food into his business and sharing food with his work colleagues. He also talks about how that small change has made his team more cohesive and more effective.
We also cover:
- Why you really need to avoid soft drinks, milk and other high sugar drinks
- Keeping clear of open 24 hour food stores and anything that they sell in general
- Seek out foods like fruit and veggies
- Try making muesli bars at home or check out your local markets for “homemade” foods
- Look for ways to make leaner meats
- Nathan’s fondest memories of food are sharing meals with his family
- Why Nathan’s favourite meal is his mum’s chicken casserole dish with leek and celery
- The way to incorporate walking into a busy day
- The crazy story that Nathan shares about cooking at home
- Nathan’s tips for reducing waste at home
- Use leftovers from the fridge to create a brand new meal
Nathan Schokker – LinkedIn
Nathan Schokker – Twitter
Nathan Schokker – website
If you want to be proud of the voice you’re sending out into the stratosphere, download the comprehensive 81 Point Checklist here and get ready to launch your audio marketing machine.
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download