There are so many diseases that can impact your ability to live a full and healthy life, and most of these can be controlled through a healthy and balanced diet.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs, chefs, food experts and health conscious people around the world. He picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business or are interested in knowing more about healthy choices with food this podcast is for you.
On today’s episode of bond appetit we take a trip back to episode number 7 and revisit the chat I had with Sally Marchini. Sally Marchini is an Accredited Practising Dietitian who combines professional qualification with personal experience of type 1 diabetes and coeliac disease to give her a unique insight into the issues faced by people living with chronic and complex health conditions. Sally has a special interest in all related health conditions such as all types of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and heart/liver/kidney health, as well as food allergy and intolerance and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Sally qualified as a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Newcastle and is an active member of the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA), the Australian Diabetes Council and Coeliac Australia. But it is her personal experience that sets her apart from other local dietitians.
We also cover:
- Coeliac disease in detail and why you should check yourself for any diet related disease
- Why you should avoid High glycemic index carbohydrates
- The damage gluten is dong to your body
- How legumes and uncontaminated oats are a good healthy choice
- The best meal her mother cooked for her
- Why you should be suing a slow cooker for your meals
- Do meal prep by making big pots of stews and soups
- The importance of having healthy food ready to go
- Reduce waste in the kitchen by making soup out of tired vegetables
- Why having live chickens has huge benefits to the reduction of your waste
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.