To be a successful long term entrepreneur and successful business person you need to find out exactly what you are passionate about and then monetise it.
Join Ronsley Vaz as he talks with some of the most forward-thinking entrepreneurs around the world, and picks their brain about doing what they love, navigating the challenges and anxieties of a self-made business and how to think outside the box.
If you’ve ever wanted to start your own business — or maybe you already have one, and you love listening to like-minded professionals — this podcast is for you.
In this incredible episode I have the pleasure of speaking to Michelle Hext the Director and Founder of The Art Of Kicking Ass Elegantly. Michelle is a long term entrepreneur (23 years), an author of 3 books (the last of which hit Amazon’s Best Seller List in 3 different categories!), speaker, 5th degree black belt and mother. In August 2014 Michelle was honoured with an induction into the Australasian Hall Of Fame. Michelle created a highly profitable niched martial arts business catering exclusively to women in Australia. Michelle has hosted seminars with up to 1000 attendees, has been invited to speak at many corporate events and was even invited to audition for The Biggest Loser, which she declined.
This episode has some amazing pieces of information including Michelle’s latest Taekwondo school and her niche marketing with that space, helping with training martial arts to adult women and how it worked brilliantly, how she loves training groups of people, which therefore creates a strong community and how they are able to support one another, being happy and passionate about what she does and the advice she would give to parents for their children going through an abused childhood.
This incredible episode also covers:
- Michelle’s book, The Art of Kicking Ass Elegantly – in Business, in Love, in Fitness and in Life
- The importance of having a solid plan and working on that plan
- Finding our own best version of balance
- How Michelle focuses on balancing her life with her business, relationships and being fit
- The most difficult part of getting what we want
- The importance of equal attention concerning the things that are the most important
- Starting and creating from a bigger, crystal vision and breaking it down into segments
- Creating clarity and simplicity within business
- Creating a plan of action that takes longer to plan
- How one goes about getting focused
- Deciding on focusing on one thing to get better results
- The Honourable Martial Arts Entrepreneur Program
- How Michelle ended up being a martial arts entrepreneur
Michelle Hext – website
Michelle Hext – LinkedIn
Michelle Hext – Facebook
Michelle Hext – Instagram
Michelle Hext – YouTube
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download