Holly Tattersall is the ambitious Founder and International Director of Women in Digital: a not-for-profit that inspires and supports women in their digital careers by providing mentoring, training, educational resources and career opportunities to its members. In two short years, Holly has grown the organisation from a local Brisbane meet-up to an international organisation with branches as far reaching as Silicon Valley, USA and Tel Aviv, Israel. She is passionate about empowering under-privileged women through digital technology, and provides sponsorship and skills-mentoring to her partner organisation, Women in Digital Bangladesh. Personally, she has a Business Management Degree from the University of Queensland, and spends her weekends horse riding and enjoying the outdoors.
In this episode we talk about:
- The Women in Digital story and how Holly has managed her responsibility so far with so many cool things happening around her
- How she took and faced the risk of starting a business
- Her life changing experience in the digital industry
- How “Women In Digital” evolved really quickly into hosting networking events
- How they keep pushing forward and encouraging more women to take leadership
- The real understanding of what digital is
- The channel for the companies to connect with their customers
- The best way to connect with customers through an app
- What makes “Women in Digital” unique from other channels and offers something different for everyone
- How digital is helping push all businesses
- How being unique suits the customer market
- Facebook advertising
- Holly’s perspective on Colombian food
- Why she prefers to be a vegetarian
- Why she likes the tropical fruits of Colombia
- The one question she gets asked the most
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Her fascination with companies’ responsibilities
- How she would like women to be pushing themselves forward and recognising their value
- How she’s very impressed by the Little Wren idea – a creative magazine that is working to find inspirational women by targeting teenagers in the community, interviewing them and teaching girls how to be creative
- How Holly has been pushing her boundaries – something that has helped to increase her self-esteem, ability and belief to do public speaking
- How she feels about failure
- The definition of success and failure
- Broadening our understanding and belief of what success is
- How she’s very thankful to her parents for pushing her to live an authentic life
- The biggest decision she ever made
- Her belief in taking big risks in order to to live an authentic life
- Digital Women in Bangladesh
Holly’s earliest and fondest memories around food
“I wish I could go back to Fiji. It’s so cool, eating a lot of fish and a lot of fresh foods. I guess my parents have always been very health conscious and they don’t believe in eating processed foods. So, basically I always have some kind of protein and salad.“
Know more about Holly Tattersall
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“It would have to be Richard Branson. I think he’s so cool – just so humble, down to earth and inspiring. I would love to pick his brain about how he has created such an authentic kind of identity. Maybe in a dessert in Saudi Arabia; some kind of weird picnic in the desert.”
Last meal on the planet?
“Let’s go with Laksa.”
Where to find Holly Tattersall
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.