On today’s episode of Bond Appetit, we went in deep with Pete Tansley on a number of different topics all of which hit close to home. Starting and running a business, mindset changes, habit change, being a good listener, taking risks, surrounding yourself with the right people and health & fitness to name a few.
As an entrepreneur, a progressive thinker, and a trainer of trainers, Pete was the perfect person to have this conversation with. We got into some real personal stories about divorce and parenthood and covered the key learnings, tips, and tricks that have served Pete in his life. This episode is not to be missed!
Listen to the full episode to hear all of the above, plus things like:
- Pete’s biggest lightbulb moment
- Why learning from people ‘in the trenches’ is the best way to go
- Why running a business is a personal development course
- The problem with an overly risk-averse mindset
- The importance of having some skin in the game
- What being a learned extrovert means
- How Pete approaching hiring people
- The power of just ‘shutting up’ – lessons from selling training packages
- Cultural differences in terms of self-promotion
- Why you must be able to value what you’re selling
- The biggest obstacles Pete helps his clients solve
- Pete’s morning routine & struggles
- How giving things away for free makes people devalue them
- The ‘will it make the boat go faster’ story (and moral)
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.