On today’s episode of the Bond Appetit podcast, I’m speaking with ex-attorney, entrepreneur, and CEO of Practice Alchemy, Raj Jha, who’s using his drive, sharp mind, thick skin and never-say-die attitude to build a thriving business.
Raj is the leader of Practice Alchemy, a marketing agency dedicated to getting lawyers more clients. As an attorney himself, Raj founded a boutique law firm that today represents some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley. His early background in computer science and his depth of experience in the legal realm not only serve as a perfect fit for those Silicon Valley clients, but enable him to introduce dynamic and modern marketing practices to attorneys across the country.
Raj has been up and down on the entrepreneurial roller coaster and has developed some very clear thinking in the process. Our conversation centres around the backstory of Raj’s professional trajectory, the key learnings of his career, the values he gives to his kids and how he sees his business evolving in the future.
Listen to the full episode to hear all of the above, plus things like:
- Why independent initiatives are not the way to go
- The most common obstacles Raj has in client conversations
- Key client qualifiers that need to be focused on
- The two questions Raj asks about each potential client
- How and why Raj raised his prices 10 fold
- A unique definition of ‘value’
- How education is the one thing people cannot take from you
- The personal growth element of entrepreneurship
- Raj’s biggest accomplishment
- The importance of not giving a shit about what people think
- The trap of getting caught up in the wrong metrics
- The element that’s missing from most marketing today
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.