As the founder of Brisbane Natural Health, Katherine Maslen has been at the forefront of shifting the paradigm of her industry as a naturopath. Normally, clients pay per consultation, but Brisbane Natural Health disrupted the landscape by creating a membership model that gives access to different levels of service and consultation. In this conversation, Katherine shares what it’s been like as the leader of a ‘first of its kind’ business model. Also in this episode of Bond Appetit, we chat about what makes entrepreneurs tick and having a vision for a new kind of business model.
We also get into all of this, too:
- The tough times in Katherine’s career
- Navigating failure as a natural part of being a business owner
- Whether Katherine defines herself as a naturopath, entrepreneur or business owner
- Being passionate about helping others solve their problems
- Katherine favourite part about being a creator
- How she came up with the world’s first membership model for a naturopathy clinic
- Educating clients on the benefits of a radically different healthcare programme
- Favourite success stories of breakthroughs with various patients
- Marketing to the type of clients that are right for your business
- Katherine’s definition of freedom in business
Brisbane Natural Health Website
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download