The guest on today’s episode of Bond Appetit, Tony Nash, is a real-life legend (though he might be too humble to agree!). If you aren’t familiar with Tony, you might be familiar with the company he runs instead: Booktopia. That’s right. Tony is the owner of the #1 online bookstore in Australia. Booktopia has won a cavalcade of awards, sells a book every 7.8 seconds and is currently worth $100 million. Oh, and the company was started on a $10 dollar-a-day budget. Like I said, the man is a legend.
If you’re a business owner, or have any strong inclinations to become one, then this episode is for you. Tony and I talk about the entrepreneurial mindset, how to ride the highs and lows of business, and why you shouldn’t get too caught up in the accolades.
We also discuss things like:
- How Tony defines success
- What a business owner can do to become the greatest asset to their customers, and why that’s so important
- The best mindset to have when you’re trying to grow your company
- The traits that every entrepreneur should have
- The importance of creating trust among your clients, customers and staff members
- What Tony considers to be his biggest strength as a person
- How to follow your intuition and learn lessons from each experience
- Why you should let go of perfectionism and allow people to help carry your load
- How do you find the most talented people to work with you in your business?
- The future goals and plans for Booktopia
- Who Tony would choose to have dinner with (and his answer is very, very interesting)
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.