Danielle Lewis studied Fashion Design at QUT, worked in Enterprise Sales for 10 years, started Brisbane Threads in 2010, and has just launched a new tech startup scrunch.com — path that has taught her a lot about sales and digital marketing, both of which she is really passionate about!
She loves to travel. When she finished uni and went travelling for the first time, Danielle was struck by the fact that locals in amazing cities around the world were never impressed by their own city. She realised that she felt the same way about Brisbane. So when she got back, Danielle started a blog to start appreciating, documenting and sharing all of the amazing things to do in Brisbane.
Every day she feels like there is a new high, something that she could never have imagined learning, someone she couldn’t have imagined meeting, or a place she could never have imagined visiting. So far being able to expand the business to New York and spend a lot of time there tops her list!
In this episode we talk about:
- Ways to overcome prioritisation
- Difference between urgent and important
- Danielle as the co-founder of scrunch.com and the founder of Brisbane Threads
- What scrunch.com is all about
- The business model behind scrunch
- How scrunch pivoted toward success
- What Danielle has to say about confidence
- How she raises capital for a business
- The biggest challenge that scrunch is facing right now
- How the work is divided by the scrunch team and how they reach success
- Who are the people who are looking at the future of scrunch
- When to draw the line and decide not to work with certain people
- Danielle's journey from ordinary to extraordinary
Know more about Danielle Lewis
Where to find Danielle Lewis
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.