Michelle Hext is the Director and Founder of The Art Of Kicking Ass Elegantly.
She is a longterm entrepreneur (23 years), an author of 3 books (the last of which hit Amazon’s Best Seller List in 3 different categories!), speaker, 5th degree black belt and mother.
In August 2014 Michelle was honoured with an induction into the Australasian Hall Of Fame.
An accomplished fitness industry expert and Taekwondo Practitioner (over 22 and 23 years respectively), she embraced thought leadership and entrepreneurialism early in her martial arts career. She has owned and operated four gymnasiums, five Taekwondo schools and a personal training studio.
More recently, Michelle created a highly profitable niched martial arts business catering exclusively to women in Australia. Michelle has hosted seminars with up to 1000 attendees, has been invited to speak at many corporate events and was even invited to audition for The Biggest Loser, which she declined.
Budding entrepreneurs have sought her advice and mentorship and she commands excellence from her clients, ensuring their experience is nothing short of life changing. Her many years of entrepreneurial experience has lead to the creation of the Honourable Martial Arts Entrepreneur – Be Honourable, Be Profitable, Be Known!
In this episode we talk about:
- Her book, The Art of Kicking Ass Elegantly – in Business, in Love, in Fitness and in Life
- The importance of having a solid plan and working on that plan
- Finding our own best version of balance
- How she focuses on balancing her life with her business, relationships and being fit
- The most difficult part of getting what we want
- The importance of equal attention concerning the things that are the most important
- Starting and creating from a bigger, crystal vision and breaking it down into segments
- Creating clarity and simplicity within business
- Creating a plan of action that takes longer to plan
- How one goes about getting focused
- Deciding on focusing on one thing to get better results
- The Honourable Martial Arts Entrepreneur Progam
- How she ended up being a martial arts entrepreneur
- Michelle’s latest Taekwondo school and her niche marketing with that space
- Helping with training martial arts to adult women and how it worked brilliantly
- How she loves training groups of people, which therefore creates a strong community and how they are able to support one another
- Being happy and passionate about what she does
- The advice she would give to parents for their children going through an abused childhood
- How to get rid of the irritants in life
- Believing and deciding to deserve something better
- Working out what’s best for a year ahead
- The importance of having a level of self-awareness that entrepreneurs should have
- Michelle’s views on food
- Feeling good in training sessions, having fuel and being able to recover
- Finding the balance on foods and taking care of the body
- The importance of checking and bringing in the balance from time to time
- The one question she would love someone to ask her about what she managed so much
- Understanding our entrepreneurial sweet spot
- Being good with something and benefitting from having a sustainable business
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
- Ice cream
What foods to actively seek out
- Protein powder with oats
Know more about Michelle Hext
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“It would be Seth Godin. I love his take on so many different things. There’s a beautiful restaurant, it’s a like a cave, crushing wave and it’s a big open restaurant.”
Last meal on the planet?
“I love crispy duck breast with potatoes and some sort of mushrooms and probably asparagus, and a glass of red.”
Where to find Michelle Hext
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.