Ronsley is the Chief Food Sharer at Bond Appetit, a company that unites people over food. He is the host of Australia’s #1 food podcast on iTunes and the author of the upcoming book “Bond Appetit – Uniting peak performers over food.” Ronsley has been cooking for over 19 years. He has worked in a large kitchen as part of a brigade of chefs, as well as started and run his own fresh food restaurant specialising in uniquely flavoured food. He knows how hard the food industry makes it to stock and produce fresh food when the processed food comes pre-packed, pre-cut, pre-crumbed and sometimes, even pre-cooked.
In this episode:
I will teach my kids about food.
- I didn’t learn a lot of stuff at school
- how to do taxes
- how money works
- why and how to vote
- how to write a resume/cover letter
- how to leverage the money I earn
- what are my options when it comes to buying stuff like a car or a house
- AND, food – where it comes from, how to cook it, what it does to my body
- Almost every single episode of the Bond Appetit podcast will tell you how important childhood influences around food are
I will fill up on … protein
- The rubbish upside down pyramid with starches up the top
I will make healthier bakes
- Refined sugar
- Refined flour
- Rochelle’s orange cake – gluten free, dairy free, sugar free
I will eat less
- … maybe more often?
- or, less starch, less sweets, less stuff in a packet, less processed food, less junk food, less takeaway food
I will say no to temptation
- this is hard because of the amount of will power you have at the start of the day as opposed to the end
- but, try smaller intervals of temptation free zones
- don’t buy chocolates, ice cream, sugary drinks and sweets in your normal weekly grocery basket
I will make sensible and healthier swaps
- buy bread from a bakery
- exchange starch for veggies
- make a bakes with almond meal or hazel meal
I will learn a new recipe every month
- I will join a cooking class every quarter
Cook with real ingredients
I will never buy a pre-made meal that I can microwave
I'll not buy food products with numbers in them
I will make sure my grocery bill has no GST on it – Australia
Check the ingredients of every box I buy
I'll drink 6 glasses of water everyday
Where to find Ronsley Vaz
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.