Per Bristow is the creator of the Bristow Voice Method and is the world’s most followed voice and performance coach. His Sing With Freedom, The Singing Zone, and Speak with Freedom home-study packs have become the world’s most popular training programmes for singers and speakers, having helped people in 132 countries become more empowered as singers, communicators, performers and human beings.
The Bristow Voice Method serves to bring the individual to significantly greater levels of well-being, self-confidence, creativity and health, in addition to dramatically improving communication, presentation and performance skills.
In this episode we talk about:
- Per Bristow and his coaching career
- Improving on areas we’re not good at and developing the awareness of fear
- Per being an introverted person and his past experience with dancing
- Expressing your emotions
- The journey of Per Bristow in music and dancing
- How he fell in love with training and coaching
- Per as a creative explorer, a driven person and a passionate dreamer
- Why Per Bristow believes voice and sound are kinaesthetic
- The power of your voice and its vibration
- How to transfer your skills to someone else
- Frustration as a prerequisite to learning
- Difference of frustrations and fear
- Effective learning and recognising progress
- What makes Per Bristow happy
- Per Bristow’s definition of failure
- Helping people in over 132 countries to become empowered singers
Know more about Per Bristow
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
‘I would honestly like to have a chat with Michael Jordan, seriously, because he is probably one of my greatest role models when it comes to peak performance. Meaning, not only that he is good – he was good at what he did, but even on a bad game he found a way. Even when he didn’t play his greatest game, he still found a way, and I love his quote: “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot”.’
Last meal on the planet?
‘I think I would just accept it and be grateful for whatever was available at that time. I honestly think so. I would never have a desire to have anything special, I don’t think.
‘I guess that would be the time to reflect. I am very much a future-driven guy but it’s very very important to reflect, and I hope I would reflect on the abundance that we all have. So even if I am sitting here with just a glass of water, that would be my last meal – to be grateful for those drops and whatever has preceded it.’
Where to find Per Bristow
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.