Angela Counsel, author of the Amazon #1 Bestseller Secret Mums Business, believes that there is no such thing as the perfect work life balance. Even the thought of trying to achieve this type of balance causes many women to feel stressed. With 10 years experience as a health practitioner Angela is aware of the long term affects of stress on women’s health and well-being so she has made it her mission to share her secrets of running a business, having a great life and looking after yourself with as many business women as possible.
The health and well-being of a business is totally dependant on the health and well-being of the owner. If you are finding the stress and overwhelm of running is all too much and if you are ready to make a change then email Angela to organise a free 30 minute strategy session. Angela will share the secrets to having it all and still remaining sane with you.
Angela has been featured in several magazines and television programs including Prevention, Good Health, Channel 7’s The Morning Show and Channel 10’s The Project. She is also is a regular contributor to Working Mums Masterclass Magazine, The Mummy Mag, Family Capers and Mouths of Mums.
With over a decade of professional experience working with women in the fields of mind and body transformation, Angela delivers ground-breaking insights into how women CAN HAVE IT ALL! Angela charges her presentations with her no holds barred, enthusiastic, passionate and humorous approach to the steps and strategies successful women implement, and engages her audience quickly.
In this episode we talk about:
- Angela Counsel projects and how she managed to get these great TV shows
- Her opportunities come in every way
- How her business changed before and after KPI?
- Working with women who are stressed and burn out
- The good stress and bad stress
- The trouble falling asleep
- The ideal day should look like
- The importance of breakfast
- The starvation mode which the stress respond
- Skipping breakfast which makes us craving for carbs
- Become aware and start to make right choices in order for the body works well
- The importance of proteins and healthy fats to regulate the blood sugar levels
- Consuming too much coffee which is not ideal to start the day
- The energy should be coming from the healthy foods
- What are her thoughts of an ideal diet?
- The body problems caused by gluten
- Her thoughts about eating rice
- What are the right foods to eat during lunch?
- The industrial revolution
- Eating heavier meal for lunch
- What is the ideal dinner look like?
- Her interest the way the body works
- How she become a Naturopath?
- Her first book entitled “Mom’s Business” which is everything about work, life balance
- The big impact of stress which is playing a major role in all parts of women’s lives which we need to get out
- Teaching women what stress really is to make changes
- The importance of feeling better to run the business better
- The biggest fear of business owner of getting sick
- The importance to implement better changes
- The number one highest value
- Some great lesson:
“Be the best version of your self. Live life according to your values not someone else’s values. Get rid of the ‘shoulds’, ‘have tos’ and ‘need tos’. Follow your heart and you will never go wrong. Realise that the power to change your life is in your hands and no one else’s. You can choose a life full of stress or you can choose a life that is happy and joyful. It is your story – write the story that you want. My biggest message comes from my book – You are a Miracle, Believe in Yourself!!!”
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to avoid
What foods to actively seek out
- Healthy fats
Angela Counsel ‘s fondest food memories
“My mother was a working mom and she run a business or she work. Basically, I was the oldest of five. So for as long as I could remember, very earlier I'm sure she did the cooking but I used to cook the dinner every night. I had a very limited repertoire. It was brussels, it was crunk chocolates and I think macaroni and cheese. And that's kind of what we had every single night. She had a pressure cooker and sometimes she would do juices in the pressure cooker. But then this new thing called crock pot came out. So that was great because she could throw all the stuff in there in the morning and she come home and we have this great stuff to eat at night.”
“My memories of food were not that great but then as I got older in my twenties, I actually wanted to learn more about food. I actually did enjoy cooking but I enjoy cooking for other people and even today I actually enjoy dinner cooking every night. I like having people around me. I like having Christmas dinner and things like that. I love the cooking. I actually creating all of these things and create foods that healthy that people don't know.”
Know more about Angela Counsel
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“That's a very interesting question. There's a few people. The first person who came to my mind is Richard Branson. I'm fascinated by Richard Branson. I think what he's done not necessarily from a food point of view but a business point of view. I want to know his mind. I've really loved to understand “why so confident taking the risks that he takes that most people won’t take. He fascinates me in all the things that he does. What if I could do that? My vision boards got Nicaragua islands.”
Last meal on the planet?
“My last meal on this planet, it would have chocolate on it. Guarantee. I don't need much. That would probably be. A nice, roll, some really beautiful roll chocolate.”
Where to find Angela Counsel
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.