Dr. Laurence Tham is an international Wellness Expert and Speaker. His passion and focus is on the psychology of human behaviour and motivation when it comes to health and wellness. He believes in the “lead by example” approach as the solution to creating greater health and wellness for our kids and our future generation.
He is the co-founder of ‘The Wellness Guys’, a weekly podcast show dedicated to bringing “wellness” into people’s lives. The show is a phenomenal hit reaching #1 in Australia on iTunes in less than 4 months. He is also the co-founder of ‘The Wellness Couch’, creators of a string of Top 10 health podcasts including “Up for a Chat”, “That Paleo Show” and “Inside the Champion’s Mind” of which Dr. Laurence is also the host of this #1 Self-Help podcast on iTunes.
Dr. Laurence is the founder of “Drive Your Practice”, a coaching program focused on getting chiropractors out of ‘survival’ into ‘sustainability’ and success. His programs – Ignition, Turbo and Nitro are designed to build certainty, communication and credibility.
He has created several successful Wellness programs to help people shift from ‘sickness’ into ‘health’ using the latest technology and strategies. “The Wellness Blueprint” and “The 30 Days to Wellness” are programs that help people create a compelling future not only for themselves but for the entire family.
In this episode we talk about:
- A massive sense of wellness
- The importance and impact of health and wellness to our lives and other people
- Giving your best in taking care of yourself to achieve ultimate goal
- The importance of eating better choices and physical activities
- Be more aware of body changing
- Laurence Tham morning routines
- Creating healthy routines to adopt and change
- Why CrossFit is being addictive for Laurence and how long he’s been doing that?
- The big help and good thing about the Crossfit
- The group of peers or community created through Crossfit and the idea they bring for you to push through which is very very helpful
- The varieties of CrossFits
- The importance of removing fatigue and having that mourning routine
- The importance of breakfast to start off your day feeling strong, great and being healthy
- The importance of having sort of same routines every single day is great because you don’t have to think about it
- Having great structure, morning workout and great food and you feel good about it
- The feeling of being more accomplished when you start off your day right
- The momentum of goodness and wellness
- Finding some routine which is good for you to be productive
- The importance of building real productivity time as an Entrepreneur
- Setting up time in order to get things done
- How to stay focus and be productive with the help of Pomodoro method
- The idea behind the “Wellness Couch”
- How they ended up creating podcast shows?
- How podcasting becomes a wellness therapy for Laurence which solves his problems along the way
- Why Podcasting is so interesting?
- The importance of podcasting in Educational process
- The importance of respect with other people’s culture
- The toughest thing Laurence Tham has ever done
- The Rise of Superman by Steven Kotler
- The ratio between challenges and skillset
- Hacking Flow and creating success and abundance
- Go a little bit each time and get out of your comfort zone and push through that
- Creating better version of yourself
Nutrition and Meal Plans
What foods to actively seek out
Laurence's fondest food memories
“Well for me, I had a brother. Dinner table was always a Chinese background. So we used to have instead of the traditional sort of the North American western style eating, each plate is sort of like meat and vegetables or something, it was more a Chinese style. There’s always like three dishes. And then you're going to scoop up whatever dish that you had.
My mom, was sort of someone of healthy in a sense. She went to the alternative sort of things. So she become a foot reflexologist. So which means that she was sort of that alternative medicine type of things. We kind a eat something healthy as healthy as we could be at that time. Yes that was life. We always have dinner around the table and my dad was always around. He did travel quite a bit but he's always there. Yeah, that was sort of us.”
- CrossFit every 5:30 in the morning
Know more about Laurence Tham
Who would you love to have dinner with and where?
“I think I would love to connect with…the first name comes on my mind is Richard Branson. Everybody in part of the world love to kind of meet him. I just love to go to Nicaragua one day and just have a conversation with him. I'm more interested in people when it comes to how they think and not so much like great business source, I just want to know like how did they get to where they are based on their way of thinking; what did they do, how they think, how did they mentor themselves, or how to get through difficult situations. That's probably something I'm looking forward to in meeting. You know, you want to learn from them so that you can you apply that to your life.”
Last meal on the planet?
“If I would have a last meal, it would have to be something really especial, delicate, intense flavor. I think something probably in the Japanese style maybe like sushimi or sushi or some sort but really a high quality. Dessert is something like chocolate maybe a chocolate crumble.”
Where to find Laurence Tham?
Author: Ronsley Vaz
Ronsley is the founder & chief day dreamer at AMPLIFY. He is an author, speaker & serial entrepreneur.
He has a Masters’ degree in Software Engineering and an MBA in Psychology and Leadership. He is known as the creator of We Are Podcast – the first Podcasting Conference in the Southern Hemisphere, and the host of The Bond Appetit Podcast and Should I Start a Podcast. He has an audience of over 3 million in 133 countries.